using net use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using net use

i want a startup script that connects to my (other) computer's (in the same network) drive

example
    computer name
    User:admin
    pass:admin.

i tried this command

net use g: \\PC2\C$ admin. /user:admin

and it gives me an error 1326 ... logon failure incorrect password

it gives this message as soon as i press enter which means my syntax is incorrect and also that it doesnt really contact the machine and check for the password

is there another way to get the drive mapped with in a single line without the need to enter a password

Re: using net use

Is this your command syntax?

Code:
    net use g: \\PC2\C$ admin. /user:admin
    Try:

Code:
    net use g: \\pc2\c$ /user:admin password
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: using net use

Originally posted by C47 View Post
      is there another way to get the drive mapped with in a single line without the need to enter a password
      Yes there is - add a new user to PC2. Make this user have the same name and password as the user who needs the G: drive to be mapped, and then you don't need to enter credentials, just net use G: \pc2\c$
      Unfortunately, doing this over a 5 user network with everyone connecting to each other's drives involves doing this action 20 times so it can get unwieldy, but I guess you want a quick one-shot fix for your specific PC2.

I'm also assuming you don't have a domain - you're in a workgroup, correct?

Also, may I caution you against connecting the entire C drive... Security.
      Best wishes,
      PaulH.
      MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
      X