Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual profile roaming in WorkGroup

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to create manual roaming profiles for 4 computers(1 xp pro file server, 3 xp desktops) buy setting up the profiles as remote profiles on each computer for all profiles.

Will it work? or will all the managed passwords get erased each time u log on from a diffrent computer?
    ------------------
    -- ToR911 --
    ------------------

Should work -- set up a share on one PC and point the profiles for UserA to that share from all the PCs in the Workgroup. Lots of admin effort....
    Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

but aren't all the managed passwords encrypted with the Computer\user and password?
      if its kept on the profile and the user logs on from a diffrent computer, won't they get erased? or are they saved localy?
      ------------------
      -- ToR911 --
      ------------------

Comment

PASS -- its worth trying out for one user.

I will do some tests if I get a moment free...

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

When i tried testing it it, i found that when i try to log on, windows can't connect to the server inorder to get the remote profile,
          i trying mounting a device , and set the correct password in managed password, nothing helped, could it be that when using remote profiles you can only use your real logon login and password?
          ------------------
          -- ToR911 --
          ------------------

Comment

Working...
          X