Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Xp Home/Pro Hebrew to English

Hey !

I am new to this forums, found it to be a great community.

I've searched for the answer for this, found something similar but not what i need.

I got a new laptop, which has XP Home Hebrew edition.

I don't like the hebrew edition, it pretty much hate it.. i searched the net, asked people and i understood that it is not possible to fully change a hebrew home edition into english, right ?

I got another legit (of course) version of xp pro hebrew and i understood that in pro version it is possible to change via a MUI option it has or something like that ?

Please help me...

Thanks

Re: Changing Xp Home/Pro Hebrew to English

Originally posted by luish View Post
    it is not possible to fully change a hebrew home edition into english, right ?
    Of course it's possible. There's nothing a clean, fresh, from scratch install cannot solve... Seriously: AFAIK, only to install the new version.
    Originally posted by luish View Post
    in pro version it is possible to change via a MUI option
    There are a lot of MUI (Multilingual User Interface) sets available, for a lot of languages, including Hebrew (I use it for my kids at home). It is not a free product.
    Take a look at Microsoft's FAQ for more info.
    There's a page regarding solutions of XP in Hebrew in Nana (article in Hebrew).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Bummer...

for the home version it is lost...

and as i understood also in the pro version ?

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/D...qs/muifaq.mspx

Comment

Also, MUI does NOT change the installation to be a Hebrew one... it merely allows you to select a different language for MOST of the regular functions to display in. The only way to get a truly Hebrew version of Windows is to install a Hebrew version of Windows.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          Also, MUI does NOT change the installation to be a Hebrew one... it merely allows you to select a different language for MOST of the regular functions to display in. The only way to get a truly Hebrew version of Windows is to install a Hebrew version of Windows.
          Exactly... only change Hebrew to English and you've got what the OP is looking for.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Oops... LOL

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
              Exactly... only change Hebrew to English and you've got what the OP is looking for.
              but it won't change the start menu bar itself and the all the system...

i guess i'll wait to redeem my vista dvd in english and just upgrade.

Comment

Just to clarify some things (sorry, I should have done this in the first reply):
                - MUI is not a package available to purchase in stores. You can try to contact Microsoft Israel, to see if there's any workaround that is not publicly available.
                - MUI can replace the whole User Interface, including Start, Taskbar, menus and messages, to the specific language. It is customizable, so you decide. It happens, though, that some of the messages (especially error messages) from 3rd party software are displayed in English, because the MUI cannot translate them.
                The only thing I don't think can be done is to install a localized version and to patch it with English MUI (and I'm not certain there is such).
                Good luck with Vista.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                -

Comment

I spoke with MS today.

No solution for private users.

So i will redeem my vista version that i got with my new laptop... and then have an english version...

thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

Sounds good.

Let us know how you like Vista once you have it installed. (you can start a thread in the Vista forum http://forums.petri.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)

Thanks for the posts.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X