Choose faster usb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose faster usb

I get intermitant messages saying my usb devices which range from cameras and bluetooth which are built in devices can be perform faster by using a faster usb port however I have no idea how i change usb ports I have uninstalled devices but how do I select the port I want instead of the pc doing it

Re: Choose faster usb

That message is just a notification that all the USB ports on your machine are running slower then what is available in USB 2.0, AKA HI speed USB.
    There is nothing you can do about it as it is a hardware limitation. I will guess that your machine is an older generation machine.
    You can follow this link for information on how to turn off the notification, but this will not make your USB any faster.
    If you have the skill, or a friend, you can upgrade your hardware, although you do not say if this is a laptop or a desktop.

just to be sure; are you plugging the device directly into the computer, not via a USB Hub?
    Last edited by Lior_S; 28th January 2007, 17:08.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Yes sorry about the lack of info, its a Vaio laptop VGN-FT50B very current model but it was originally shipped as a japanese model which i bought used I reformatted the hard drive and I think the inbuilt devices needed all drivers reinstalled individually, which i did but perhaps I have not installed them in the right order some how and this is causing the notification its not a problem but more speed with anything sounds good to me, thanks for the info anyway

Comment

You live on a beach in Thailand. Grrrrrrrr. If you pop down to the Seagate factory and send me a, oh say 750GB HDD, I will send you a USB 2 PCMCIA card for your laptop. Alternatively,
        http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank Biggles77
          Dont need a card things are fine without it just tweaking my pc I hate knowing it could be better and not beiang able to fix it, Im not that savvy, and Thailand is awesome cheap to get here from Aus mate haha

Comment

that laptop indeed does appear to support usb 2.0 however most of the support pages are in Japaneses. I don't have a link to a specific driver but that is the direction you have to go.
            also, you can try a windows (or Microsoft) update, and look in the hardware section of the updates, you may find you driver there. It could save you alot of translating.
            "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I know that both my IBM T43 and my Dell Dimension don't "Do" hi-speed USB until you download the vendor specific drivers from the website... they emulate USB1.1 with the Windows drivers.

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by ozmoran View Post
                Yes sorry about the lack of info, its a Vaio laptop VGN-FT50B very current model but it was originally shipped as a japanese model which i bought used I reformatted the hard drive and I think the inbuilt devices needed all drivers reinstalled individually, which i did but perhaps I have not installed them in the right order some how and this is causing the notification its not a problem but more speed with anything sounds good to me, thanks for the info anyway
                I did find a reference that the VGNFT50B uses the Intel 910GML Express Chipset. If you load the Intel INF, you'll be golden (Item #4 or #5 on this link):

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ting%20Systems

Hope this helps.
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help, I seem to have fixed the nagging prob
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ozmoran View Post
                    Thanks to everyone for your help, I seem to have fixed the nagging prob
                    Cheers
                    Excellent! You mind sharing what you did? Was it the driver?
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X