Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer properties can't be displayed. Acces violation 0xc0000005

Hello everybody,

I'm totally new here, but i found some great solutions on the Petri.co.il website. That's why i'm on this forum to ask you for your help.

I'm having two Lexmark T632 network printers in my network, both have a duplex unit and 4 500 sheet trays. Both use de Lexmark T632 PCL driver version 8.2.0 for Windows 2000.

The network has 1 Windows 2000 Small Business Server Dutch, 8 Windows 2000 SP4 Dutch Professional Workstations and 3 Windows XP SP2 Dutch Workstations.

After updating the Lexmark T632 PCL version 8.2.0 driver to version 8.2.2 , 4 Windows 2000 SP4 Dutch Professional workstations weren't able to print to both Lexmark T632 printers.

I removed the network printers from the workstations and the Windows 2000 SBS server. Reinstalled the network printers on the Windows 2000 SBS server with the original Lexmark T632 PCL driver version 8.2.0 . Installed the printers on the workstations again through the Active Directory. The 3 Windows XP SP2 Dutch workstations and 5 Windows 2000 SP4 Dutch workstations didn't have any problems installing the printers and are able to use printers.

The other 3 Windows 2000 SP4 Dutch workstation are able to install the network printers but are not able to print to both printers.
    When i want to see the properties of the printer settings on the workstation i get an acces violation error.

"Funcion address 0x795bb21d access violation (exceptionscode 0xc0000005). Some of the property sheets can't be displayed"

(there's an attachment with the exact error code, but it is in Dutch)

I contacted Lexmark Support, they advised me to remove all Lexmark driver ( DLL files) in the "C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3" . I did remove the drivers from the workstations. Reinstalled the printers from the network, but the same error appears.

I removed the drivers again. Installed the driver from the original Lexmark T632 installation cd on the workstation and connected the printer to the correct IP-address. Again the same error appears.

After that i went to "control panel" and choose "printers and faxes". Choose "File" and then "Properties for Server" . Then i choose "Drivers" , "Add", choose the Lexmark T632 PCL printer, after that i selected the "Intel - Windows NT 4.0 or 2000" , installed the driver.
    After installing the "Intel - Windows NT 4.0 or 2000" driver i was able to open the properties of the Lexmark T632 printers. After restarting the Windows 2000 SP4 workstation the original problem came back.

I've done one final test.
    I installed the Lexmark T630 PCL driver on the Windows 2000 SP4 Workstation and connected it to the IP address of both Lexmark T632 printers. After that i was able to print to both printers and configure the printer properties on the workstations. But the problem with that is the printer macro that is used in Microsoft Word 2000, this macro is configured to use the print commands that are used in the Lexmark T632 PCL driver. This macro is essential for every user in the network. So in another words, i cannot use the Lexmark T630 drivers. The problems must lie in the Lexmark T632 PCL driver on the 3 Windows 2000 SP4 Professional workstations.

I need to be able to use the Lexmark T632 PCL driver on the Windows 2000 SP4 workstations because we are using a macro in Microsoft Word to print to the different trays in the Lexmark T632 printer.

I really hope somebody can help me with this problem. Tomorrow i'll try to run an Windows 2000 Professional installation on the workstations over the excisting installation. I think there a several DLL-files in Windows are corrupted

Thanks for now !!
    Peter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pmeijer; 24th January 2007, 21:42.

Re: Printer properties can't be displayed. Acces violation 0xc0000005

Hi.
    Can this help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908506 ?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Hello Sorinso,

thanks for your quick response . I've read the Microsoft document, and it contains exactly the problem that i'm having. I'll download the 908506 package from Microsoft and install it on the workstations.

I'll let you know wether it works or not.

Peter

Comment

I'm glad to hear.
        Let us know....

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Hello Sorinso,

i've applied the Microsoft hotfix and it works great!!
          All the workstation can print on both Lexmark printers again, and the macro in Microsoft Word is working fine as well.

Thanks for your help !!!

Case closed

Peter

Comment

Gr8!!
            I'm glad it helped!
            It was that Dutch message that gave me the motivation to help you... I was afraid Dumber will start writing again in Dutch
            I smell the weekend, dudes ! Do you?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Haha,

i'm glad i can speak, understand and write in English No problemo!

I'm having weekend in 27 minutes NICE !!

Peter

Comment

Peter, this is extremely unusual, but I am giving you some Reputation Points for your initial post. The title was appropriate and to the point. The information in the post was well set out and full of details, enough so that it allowed Sorin to find a possible fix with the first reply.

A model post, very well done.

I hope you had a great weekend and we see you back here soon.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
                  Gr8!!
                  I was afraid Dumber will start writing again in Dutch
                  LOL
                  Marcel
                  Technical Consultant
                  Netherlands
                  http://www.phetios.com
                  http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                  "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                  "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Hello Dumber and howdy mate Biggles77,

thanks for your compliments, i really appreciate it. This is my first post on this forum and the first post i had ever done on a forum.

I read the rules before i made this post. I'm the kind of guy who likes to explain things with enough information so the problem is very understanding for anybody else.

My weekend has been good, but i helped a friend moving house yesterday and now i'm at home with a very painfull back. A job at my keyboard suits me better i guess haha

By the way biggles. I love Australia, i've travelled there for a year in 2002 and had the best time in my live. If i ever get the opportunity to life in australia i grab it with both hands.

Have good week at work , and enjoy the warm weather in Australia because it is cold and wet in The Netherlands

Peter
                    Last edited by pmeijer; 28th January 2007, 12:52.

Comment

Working...
                    X