XP Pro an SP1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Pro an SP1

I'm trying to install XP Pro with the SP1 slipstreamed but it won't let me. It says my key is invalid, what can I do?

Re: XP Pro an SP1

Originally posted by MDSF
    I'm trying to install XP Pro with the SP1 slipstreamed but it won't let me. It says my key is invalid, what can I do?
    SP1 blacklisted any product id whose hash does not match xxxxx-640-xxxxxxx-xxxxx. The reason... the most popularly pirated keys all fell outside of the 640 hash and were subsequently blacklisted. Unfortunately some legitimate keys got blacklisted as well so If you do in fact have a legit PID, call Microsoft.

1-800-785-9448

If you don't, hold on to your butt, lift *uggh*, get off your wallet and go buy a real copy - or continue to be a scumbag software pirate and run the repair to get rid of SP1. You might even have to reinstall from the original cd, you know the one without the flashy laser etched hologram you bought from the dude on the corner for $5.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I got it to work, no worries, you can lock this topic. Didn't know Microsoft was so friendly these days

The only reason I was actually looking to install SP1 was because my HD is 250 GB and it shows up as 127 GB, but with SP1 it shows up fine

Comment

Working...
      X