Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE Crashes when downloading

Hi all

For a week now my home pc crashes whenever i do save target as in IE. Ive tried uninstalling IE7 but IE6 does the same. Then i reinstalled IE7 and it does the same. The download box hangs and then i have to close IE before i can browse again... any ideas? Tried google but nothing... cheers!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: IE Crashes when downloading

Any logs in Event viewer?

Does it crash on every link you have tried, or just certain sites?

Comment

I'll take a stab in the dark... have you tried disabling your AV to see if it works then? Have you tried from Firefox?
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

You could also try adding a download manager and see if it fixes the prob. I use Free Download Manager all the time because it's restartable and multi-threaded and it doesn't pester you with ads. Not saying it'll fix your "underlying" problem but it could get you out of the current situation.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

@simonsays: It happens on every site i try - not checked event log... but will do

@JeremyW: Yes firefox works but the other half doesn't like it. She uses IE . Not tried disabling AV but will do.

@rvalstar: Im willing to give a download manager a try. Please can you recommend one? Thanks.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
            Cheers,

Rick

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Cheers, ill give it a try when i get home.
              Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Tony

I have the same problem on one of my home XP boxes. I've tried all sorts and searched for ages to try and fix it but alass nothing worked. Well apart from installing download software. Its been like this since SP1 and its a pain. I would be interested to know if you find more info on this one
                The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
                ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X