how to change fdisk out of standard mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to change fdisk out of standard mode

ok im tryin to fix my other computer. i got to the create a partition part ,but it says action cannot be completed in standard mode. how do i change mode

Re: how to change fdisk out of standard mode

Could you please explain more what you are doing.
    List all the steps you have gone through.

Are you doing a new setup or is an OS (which) already installed?
    If it is installed, are you an administrator?

Its Monday, my psychic powers are still recovering from the weekend

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

There are a lot of DOS / Windows 9x and FDISK versions out there. which are you using?

Also, what is the drive size / partition layout you are trying to work against?

Did you try Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...andard+mode%22

Looks like this may be a HIMEM.SYS issue.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

ok this is the deal...when i try to start windows i get the blue screen of death. i have downloaded the boot disk for it since i dont have a copy of windows or the money to buy one. i go to the boot menu and boot using the boot disk it takes me to caldera dr-dos and i typed in fdisk and it takes me to the create partition menu, when i try to create a new partiton it says insuffient space so i tryed to delete the partition on there and it says cannot run command in standard mode.. is this enough info? im not sure on the drive size or partition layout....think anyone can help

Comment

Originally posted by wereami View Post
          since i dont have a copy of windows or the money to buy one.
          I wonder what the Gods have to say about it ...
          Last edited by sorinso; 17th January 2007, 07:02. Reason: typos

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Cause you don't have a legal license topic is closed.
            You can contact me via PM is needed, however according the announcement, you should know that illegal software isn't allowed.

Url
            http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=23

8 ) No illegal stuff, no software sharing, cracking, hacking or other illegal activities
            Questions or answers with such items will be deleted by the moderator, and cause your account to be banned for life.

Just to make myself clear: Asking a question about a serial number for any program is illegal. Giving such a serial is illegal. Asking about Windows Activation and how to change a CD-key for XP is ok, but asking how to bypass the activation process or the Windows Genuine Check is not legal.

No, braindumps are NOT legal. You might get away with just talking about them, but you will be deleted if you post questions from actual dumps or provide links to such dumps or to companies that offer dumps for money.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thread has been reopend, but i keep an eye open.
              We'll see how it goes.
              Last edited by Dumber; 21st January 2007, 13:29. Reason: typo
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by wereami View Post
                i go to the boot menu and boot using the boot disk it takes me to caldera dr-dos and i typed in fdisk and it takes me to the create partition menu, when i try to create a new partiton it says insuffient space so i tryed to delete the partition on there and it says cannot run command in standard mode
                For DR-DOS:

http://www.drdos.com/dosdoc/qkstart/00ugpref.htm

FDISK has been enhanced and now has two modes of operation. The default, standard mode has not been changed and works in the same way as previous versions. This is the recommended way of using FDISK. The /x switch changes to extended mode. It allows you to add and remove non-DOS partitions. This is for advanced users only.
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

aright thx man....this helps me a bunch...ima try it out let ya kno how it goes

Comment

Working...
                  X