Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSOD windows 2000 pro Inaccessible boot Device (WAS:need lotz of help asap)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD windows 2000 pro Inaccessible boot Device (WAS:need lotz of help asap)

ok heres my problem. i have windows 2000 pro and i get the blue screen of death, i have downloaded bootdisks to try and fix the problem but everytime i try to boot it it takes me to dr dos. is there any way to bypass this to use the disks or do i have to use the dos and if so wat commands would i use to get the disk to run somebody plz help

Re: need lotz of help asap

You haven't posted any information about your problem.

1. What are you doing (or what is the computer doing) when you get the BSOD?

2. What are the first numbers after the word "STOP" on the BSOD?

3. Have you pressed F8 during boot, and selected "Last Known Good" configuration? If so, what happened?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: need lotz of help asap

srry should of been more exact....the blue screen saysSTOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE i have tryed the f8 options but it takes me right bak to the blue screen.

Comment

Re: BSOD windows 2000 pro Inaccessible boot Device (WAS:need lotz of help asap)

topic title changes. Please read the forum announcement.

did you already seen this:
        http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&sa...Device&spell=1
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

ok i tryed a cpl of the sites from that search..some say to type in dos commands but every command i type it always says command cannot be found or recognized any other options or am i screwed

Comment

Inaccessible Boot Device is usually a hardware problem. Does your disk shows up in BIOS? Can you boot from a LiveCD of some kind ( Knoppix, BartPE ) and check if your disk is accessible??

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

If you have another PC (with Win2000 or XP), take your drive out of the problem machine and BACK UP the data. That way you have a safety net in case you need to reinstall. It will also check your drive is working.

Have you changed anything in the BIOS (in particular check installed hard drives and also the boot order)?

Tom
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by wereami View Post
                i have downloaded bootdisks to try and fix the problem but everytime i try to boot it it takes me to dr dos.
                Are you sure you mean Dr DOS???
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

LOL

He means "Dee Arr DOS" DRDOS6.

Tom
                  For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I'll be the first to say it but i've never yet been able to fix a 0x7B error using any of the websites i found on Google.

As Tom (Ossian) say's get the drive out and get it backed up ASAP then concentrate on a system rebuild.

Comment

Thread has been reopened after discussion with the moderators.
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                      X