Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pop up blocker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pop up blocker

    i disabled pop up blocker (internet-explorer, tools,pop up blocker, turn off pop up blocker) but still popup blocker work and there are lots of functions that I cant do.
    Is there a way to control or remove the blocker?

  • #2
    Re: pop up blocker

    Do you have any 3rd-party pop-up blockers installed?
    Do you have any extra tool bars in Internet Explorer? (e.g. Google, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)
    What version of IE are you using?
    What OS are you running?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

    Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: pop up blocker

      You can always hold down the CTRL key when you click a page that has popup.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: pop up blocker

        Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
        Do you have any 3rd-party pop-up blockers installed?
        Do you have any extra tool bars in Internet Explorer? (e.g. Google, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)
        What version of IE are you using?
        What OS are you running?
        I'm running xp pro sp2 + ie6 sp1
        I had Yahoo tool bar but removed it
        Ther is no 3rd party blocker
        Last edited by mzik; 28th December 2006, 19:08.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: pop up blocker

          In Internet Explorer, when you go to Tools -> Pop-up Blocker does it say Turn On Pop-up Blocker or does it say Turn Off Pop-up Blocker?
          Is the computer and user members of a domain?
          Regards,
          Jeremy

          Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: pop up blocker

            I know you said you have no 3rd party blockers, but just in case. http://www.hotcomm.com/FAQ/FAQ_popups.asp

            I have also had a case where the IE popup blocker could not be turned off. I am trying to remember what I did to fix it.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: pop up blocker

              Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
              You can always hold down the CTRL key when you click a page that has popup.
              It realy does the trick, but only temporarily
              thnks

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: pop up blocker

                Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
                In Internet Explorer, when you go to Tools -> Pop-up Blocker does it say Turn On Pop-up Blocker or does it say Turn Off Pop-up Blocker?
                Is the computer and user members of a domain?
                Thanks,Iremoved the yahoo toolbar but it returned somehow
                Now its OK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: pop up blocker

                  Glad you got it sorted.
                  What was the problem? PEBKAC?
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

                  Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: pop up blocker

                    the problem was the yahoo tool bar that i thought was removed, but was not

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: pop up blocker

                      Ah. Thanks for posting back.
                      Regards,
                      Jeremy

                      Network Consultant/Engineer
                      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                      www.gma-cpa.com

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X