Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINDOWS XP WONT BOOT

Hi Folks,

in a nutshell, I removed my Windows XP hard drive and installed it in to a new computer.........how do get it to boot.

When the computer starts, it goes to the screen where the OS is selected.....I have Win2K and WinXP installed....then it does the startup cycle again..thats as far as it goes.

How do I get it to boot correctly.....??????????

thanks
    Dennis

Which OS is it trying to load?

If its not giving you a menu to choose which OS to load run the repair from the cd. It should then replace the boot.ini file and include both OS's and allow you to choose which to load on boot.

Also, because its in a new machine it may not boot correctly due to the fact that it may be trying to load drivers for devices that don't exist in which case you should run the repair.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Lets see if I have this correct............I boot from the WinXP CD as though I am going through the install process except that I choose the Repair WinXP option...........???????????

Comment

Originally posted by Ahyee
        Lets see if I have this correct............I boot from the WinXP CD as though I am going through the install process except that I choose the Repair WinXP option...........???????????
        Yes.

Boot off the disc, don't choose the first repair option this will take you to the command console. Proceed as if you were going thru the install and then select the next option to repair once prompted.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

end result......................IT WORKED.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :P

Comment

Working...
          X