XP Hebrew change to English

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Hebrew change to English

I have Windows XP Hebrew version that was the language of choice when the kids were home. They have now left and I want to to re- install with a clean install as most of their programs are of no interest to me . The settup is in Hebrew is there a way I can change the language to English as I really do not want to buy another version of XP

Re: XP Hebrew change to English

Got into the Control Panel, Regional and Language Options and add an English language and set it as the default language.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Add-language.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	462828

Post back if you have problems or questions.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      Got into the Control Panel, Regional and Language Options and add an English language and set it as the default language.

[ATTACH]943[/ATTACH]

Thanks very much for the reply. I have not carried out the reinstall ( Having read about some of the problems I am delaying this as much as possible) However the initial instuctions are in English so it appears to be fine.
      Thanks again. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post

[ATTACH]943[/ATTACH]

I tried to use the Wizard to transfer the settings and received an error message that the it will not work because it is a different language. Does that mean that all the menues and help screens will be in Hebrew? In that case will I have to buy another XP in English

Comment

Hi - sorry to report that as far as my experience goes you can change the languages you work in but not the language that XP works in. Yes, it means the menus etc. will still be in Hebrew. Moreover, you will not be able to upgrade or change your XP to any new OS unless it too is in Hebrew. This happens whether the basic OS is in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or even French. I would get an English OS (Amazon or any other site that sells them inexpensive), and reinstall. - Amos.

Comment

Quite right Amos. That was very silly of me to forget that. My apologies Bounceallback.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your help. Stan

Comment

Originally posted by amos16 View Post
                Hi - sorry to report that as far as my experience goes you can change the languages you work in but not the language that XP works in. Yes, it means the menus etc. will still be in Hebrew. Moreover, you will not be able to upgrade or change your XP to any new OS unless it too is in Hebrew. This happens whether the basic OS is in Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic or even French. I would get an English OS (Amazon or any other site that sells them inexpensive), and reinstall. - Amos.
                Thanks for your help. If I do get the English OS will I still be able to read Hebrew for example in WORD documents

Stan

Comment

Hi - try to get what is defined as the international version.If you live in Israel you can ask the vendor to make sure Hebrew is included in the language repertoire of the OS. In XP Pro it usually is, XP home is a different matter, so make sure first of all that you get the real works. Hope this helps - Amos.

Comment

Working...
                  X