No announcement yet.

Error Deleting File or Folder

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Deleting File or Folder

I try to delete a file from my desktop and it won't let me. It gives me the following error message:

"Error Deleting File or Folder

Cannot delete (file name): Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

I have tried to delete the file from safe mode and it still gives me the same error. I am running Microsof Windows XP: Home Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 1.

The file is a JPEG that was downloaded off a digital camera using Koadak Picture Software.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to fix this problem. Thank you for your time.

I hope this will help you. All I did was googling "delete undeletable file"

You have a nice day

first you have to be an Admin then what you have to do is open My Computer then click on Tools and you'll find Folder Options. when you find this click on it and you will see 4 tabs, you will choose View. now scroll down all the options and all the way at the bottom you will see "use simple file sharing (recommended)" uncheck that. hit apply and exit folder options. find the file you want to delete then rigth click it and hit Properties click the Security tab and click on the button that reads "add" and enter you login name and click OK now you should be able to delete the file.

I would suggest you to try out Long Path Tool.

Landon, after 12 years they may have moved on.....
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **