Services.exe problem...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Services.exe problem...

Hy... My problem is when error hapends in services.exe and it wants to restart PC... in services.msc can't find service.exe (or anything similar) to adjust behavior of service to restart service it self... not computer...

Re: Services.exe problem...

Hi.
    Services.exe is a parent service for a lot of other services (among them all svchosts, antivirus and so on). Thus, it cannot be found in Services, and (I think) it cannot be configured.
    I think you should check why it keeps crashing.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

I partially solved problem.... Services.exe is actually PNP in services... but it's behavior can't be modified... if it fails, computer is restarting...

you can avoid restart temporary, by executing command "shutdown -a" from the command line....

That's all you can do....

Comment

Why not troubleshoot the problem instead of the symptom? i.e. find out why services.exe has the error and fix it. Have you tried searching with the error message?
        Last edited by JeremyW; 21st November 2006, 15:01. Reason: grammar
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I have scanned for viruses and malvare, runned SFC, checked HDD for errors, aplied latest patches and updates from MS, runned System Restore, tested HDD and ram.... Still in problem.... Any more ideas...

Of course I have tried to fix it, but you must start from somewhere and maybe someone could figure it out from symptoms... don't you think ....
          Last edited by kojo1984; 21st November 2006, 14:24.

Comment

Originally posted by kojo1984 View Post
            Of course I have tried to fix it, but you must start from somewhere and maybe someone could figure it out from symptoms... don't you think ....
            Well it's hard to tell the savvy from the lazy. I have no idea what people do unless they tell me.
            Sorry for doubting you.

Maybe you could post your error message here and scourer the event log and post anything relevant.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

All I got is this

"Faulting application services.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00023352."

P.S. Sorry for not telling you all the story... my bad....

Now Messenger Live! went wild.... it's signing in, but there is no contacts in my list...
              Last edited by kojo1984; 21st November 2006, 14:47.

Comment

Well has something to say about it... but I don't know if it's relevant to your situation

http://www.google.com/search?q=fault...wst=1&filter=0
                Regards,
                Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                X