X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bootable disks for Win XP SP2

hello friends,
    good morning !
    I have been trying to create the 6 bootable disks for windows XP SP2 downloading it from the official Microsoft web site. This should work, but by downlaoding i indicate destination A: ( my floppy disk device). Surprisely i get error message stating download impossible due no space enought on disk ( i just formatted disks) Extrange, becasue if the goal is create 6 disk i should receive message suggesting insert new empty formatted disk, after finish with copying the previous one. This process should be done in 6 times.
    Hereby the link in question.

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 Utility: Setup Disks for Floppy Boot Install
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...C-0A0205368124

I would really appreciate some help in this matter as no way i can have my PC boot from CD at this moment. System crashed few days ago and i need to reinstall WXP asap.

Thx in advance for your help.

Reicas

Re: bootable disks for Win XP SP2

Have you tried www.bootdisk.com?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You are using 1.44MB disks and not 720KB ones.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It was a while since I did it myself but if I'm remember correctly I downloaded it to the hard drive because it came in a single large file and after that extracted it to the floppys

Robert

Comment

Well picked up AussieBob!! for you. VB??
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X