Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.

Hey Gents:

I have a few Windows XP SP2 machines running on a domain.
    Occasionally, when I try to log in to my Windows account I get the following message:

“Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.”

Restarting the computer will allow me to log in again, but the problem will come back eventually. This issue usually occurs if the computer has been running at the Control +ALT + Delete screen all day and I try to log in. My Domain Controler is Windows 2003.

Any Suggestions?

Re: Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.

Have you tried logging in as the administrator, renaming the old profile and creating a new one??

Comment

Re: Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Have you tried logging in as the administrator, renaming the old profile and creating a new one??
      Definately sounds like a corrupt profile. Have a look in c:\documents and settings\ - you may find there are quite a few copies of the same profile.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X