X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping drive for all users in a computer

Hi!

I am sure you can help me with this issue

I would like to have some network drives mapped for all the users loggin in to a particular computer. I suppose there is a registry key to do that, but I am not sure where it is located.
    I know I could achieve this for a particular user just via the logon script, but what I want is the mappings to be set only in a particular computer independently of the user who logs in.

Thanks for your help

Pablo

Why not put a batch file in the particular computer's Startup folder, (All Users), that maps the drives you want.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I would prefer something more "hidden". Some of my users have local administrator rights on that computer and I wouldn't like them to delete the file

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
        I would prefer something more "hidden". Some of my users have local administrator rights on that computer and I wouldn't like them to delete the file
        I don't believe there is a simple way to map a drive via registry key other than a startup key to launch a batch or script file. Placing the file in all users startup folder is essentially the same thing however.

Using your logic, it won't matter what you do, or how well you hide it - A user with Admin rights can ultimately undo it. Perhaps you should rethink the permissions you've assigned to the users? Perhaps Power-Users?
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X