Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domain/Password Issues Windows 2000 Pro Laptop Floppy Boot Ex CD-Fujitsu Lifebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain/Password Issues Windows 2000 Pro Laptop Floppy Boot Ex CD-Fujitsu Lifebook

Ive been given and old laptop (a Fujitsu B series Lifebook) that a friend no longer needs. I was going to use it to run labelling program for my beef jerky factory in Scotland. I set up the program and the printer. Fine.

Then I decide to get ambitious and connect it to my wireless network, so I can transfer stuff onto it.

When I received it, no Administrator password required is. password was blank.

I tried to set up the domain (probably incorrectly), and unfortunately ticked that it should 'always' connect to the domain, rather than a dial up connection. But while trying to connect (without me knowing until later) my internet connection to my ISP failed. So as a result, I thought the lack of connection was due to my router's security. So I was trying various passwords that might get me into my router.

Now when I try to logon I get the 'logon screen' and no matter what password I enter (and none), as it cannot log into the network or domain, I cannot get past this screen, so into the computer.

I have used the Image program (mentioned on other posts here) to see if I have inadvertently added a password, but I think not.

Can anyone advise? I've not got the correct Windows 2000 disks. I do have a Compaq set, but that does not seem to work due to a lack of a EULA. So it said when I tried to set it up.

HOpe someone can offer some suggestions. I'd like to be able to remove the domain settings, so I can stop it always automatically looking for the network.

All the best - My first post - So her's something about me.
    Live in North Scotland - Nairn near Inverness.
    Do some computing and make beef and venison jerky - see www.scottishjerky.com for more details.

Trying also to upgrade to WinXP on other computer. But got to fonts and it failed. Any ideas? Is it because I hit 'upgrade' rather than clean install?

Sorry one question per post.

Do a bit of PHP and MySQL and hosting mainly for friends.

Cheers/Tioraidh

Brian

Re: Domain/Password Issues Windows 2000 Pro Laptop Floppy Boot Ex CD-Fujitsu Lifebook

Did you join the computer to a domain?
    If so, are you using a user that is in the domain?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Domain/Password Issues Windows 2000 Pro Laptop Floppy Boot Ex CD-Fujitsu Lifebook

A most important question. If we solve the problem, do we get supplied with a life of jerky? (Sorry, for some obscene reason I like the stuff) Wullie, Tom, who is closest to this wonderful source of nutrition?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I think Tom is closer than me.

I can feel some freebies coming

Have you tried the blank password you had before??

Have you actually added the machine to the domain?? If you have you should have an option at the logon screen to select where to logon to.

I'm not sure i understand the part "and unfortunately ticked that it should 'always' connect to the domain, rather than a dial up connection." The only check box i can think of is the one at the logon screen.

Does your internet work ok now?? Is this site seperate from your main LAN??
        Last edited by wullieb1; 10th October 2006, 08:44.

Comment

Working...
        X