Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn off "Click to activate and use this control"

Hi all

I want to disable the IE feature that has appeared in a recent security update. When clicking on flash or java object you first have to click on it to get it to activate.

Is there a setting IE where this can be disabled? Ive searched google and this forum. Google only returns how web developers can avoid it showing up.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: How to turn off "Click to activate and use this control"

ok, i did some googleing as well, and found this KB apparently the only way to get rid of it is to uninstall that update. This stems from a legal dispute and looks like it will be here to stay (unless you uninstall it) and will be 'built in' for IE7

Or use Firefox
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Thanks for the info. Its not the end of the world but it is a pain. I use firefox at home but we use IE6 soley at my place of work.

Oh well. Thanks again.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Looks like there is an update for this issue, Microsoft has settled the legal dispute and will be removing the "click to activate" annoyance".

see here and here
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

It's about time too!
          Server 2000 MCP

Comment

One of the few examples of leaving old threads open is the right thing...
            Good job you followed the thread up, Lior.

Sorin Solomon

»»»»»
            In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -
            «««««

Comment

Working...
            X