Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to move user profiles from Workgroup to Workgroup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to move user profiles from Workgroup to Workgroup?

Hello everyone,

Im still new to technical stuffs compared to all the computer savvy, experts here... have done a search on this criteria but unfortunately I cant find anything like this...

How to move user profiles from Workgroup to Workgroup?

Most of users in my network are still in Windows 2000, workgroup, with Novell Client 4 SP2. I need to convert their machines to Windows XP and move them back to Workgroup since that Im using Novell in my main server. So, USMT is by far the tool I can use (I think) to move users' settings, documents, signatures, IE favourites and etc. As I am acknowledged, USMT only migrates users' settings from Workgroup to Domain only, but I want to move them from Workgroup to Workgroup. Belows are the syntax I use in USMT:

scanstate \\server\dir /i:migsys.inf /i:sysfiles.inf /i:miguser.inf /i:migapp.inf /efs:skip /compress- /user:n00bie

loadstate \\server\dir /i:migsys.inf /i:sysfiles.inf /i:miguser.inf /i:migapp.inf /mu:n00bie

scanstate has no problem; but loadstate showed me an error like this: COMPUTER1234\n00bie doesnt exist.

Am I using the right tools to do this task? If yes, how should I do it? If no, what should I do?

Please advise. Thanks in advance everyone !!!!!

Best Regards,
    headache user

Re: How to move user profiles from Workgroup to Workgroup?

Please help....

If my explanation wasnt clear, let me know....

Thansk!

Comment

You have Windows 2000 machines and you want to copy the user profile to a Windows XP machine. Is that correct?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the reply biggles77.

Yup, correct. And Im planning to use USMT to do this. But Im not migrating user profiles from workgroup to domain where USMT is normally used for. Instead, Im using Novell Client, in workgroup.

EDIT: move from Windows 2000 (Workgroup) -----> Windows XP (Workgroup)

Thanks again!
        Last edited by n00bie; 21st September 2006, 19:26.

Comment

Working...
        X