automatic updates for XP Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic updates for XP Pro

I have been trying to install the automatic updates for my computer and 3 others individually but keep running into the same snag. For some reason these computers will not install Windows SP2 update. Along with this particular update it will not install any of the security updates. I've tried custom install on each update and it still results in the same message. I keep getting the "You do not have permission to update Windows XP please contact system administrator" error message. I can understand this message when I'm logged in on the network as my username and might have less access, but even when I login as the Administrator (which is entitled to all privelages) I get the same error message. Any thoughts?

Re: automatic updates for XP Pro

Trying creating a local admin account. It might be having issues with you logging in as the domain admin.
    Roy

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't know if that was what helped, but I was able to download SP3 with no problems, but not the SP2. I got the same error message as before on the SP2 installation. However, I was able to download and install a few security updates that didn't go the first few times around but I'm still lacking others. Maybe if I keep hackin away at it it'll stop bein so honory and give in. I'm open to more suggestions if you have any. Thanks again.
      Matt
      Last edited by Yoda28; 13th September 2006, 21:59.

Comment

<sarcasm>
        WOW! SP3 came out and I did not even notice.
        </sarcasm>

Do you mean office perhaps........
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S
          Do you mean office perhaps........
          Yes. Do you mean Office XP? Let us know so we can move the thread to the proper place.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X