Remove USB device causes W2000Pro to reboot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove USB device causes W2000Pro to reboot

The same thing happens if I add the usb device (Doesnt matter if it was connected before or not), or if I try with "Safe to remove..." ,or just unplug it, I can't avoid reboot!
    I have tried to remove all USB drivers and install it again, but without any results.
    Some refference that I have found says that Windows repair (full system repair) can help, but I would like to avoid this if it's possible cause I have some sensitive and important applications, that might not work after repair!?
    I have never experience the same problem with other systems.
    Does anybody has any advice?!
    Thanks in advance

Re: Remove USB device causes W2000Pro to reboot

the first thing that comes to mind is your powersupply. When you put in or out a USB device, it causes a spike in power. If you power supply cannot handle it then it will 'reboot' the computer. If you can, try testing it with another Power supply.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Re: Remove USB device causes W2000Pro to reboot

Originally posted by Lior_S
      the first thing that comes to mind is your powersupply. When you put in or out a USB device, it causes a spike in power. If you power supply cannot handle it then it will 'reboot' the computer. If you can, try testing it with another Power supply.
      Thanks for advice, but power supply is ok, I have check all settings about power supply, and they are the same on each notebook that I have (the one that works fine and the other with problem), in the past I have manage to solve it by full reinstallation, so I'm sure that problem isn't a hardware issue.

Thanks for your effort, anyway!

If you have some other idea, don't hesitate to send it please!

Comment

Working...
      X