Eventual free 10 upgrade from Win 7/8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eventual free 10 upgrade from Win 7/8

I presume upgrading from Win 7 or 8 will be like other upgrades. Though you may retain data in root folders you created yourself, you may lose the ability to run many Programs in Program Files and Program Data.

So unless you have a genuine need for some of the new improvements of Win 10, you might be advised against upgrading if is means you need to reinstall umpteen software.

Re: Eventual free 10 upgrade from Win 7/8

I think the key word here is "may". Obviously before attempting an upgrade, you will backup fully and have a roll-back plan, and you should also check with application vendors if their software is Win10 compatible.

From what I have seen so far, Win10 hits another "sweet spot" like XP and 7, so the offer of free upgrades is almost certainly one I will be taking up (with precautions as above)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X