s is my windows 10 slow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s is my windows 10 slow?

Windows 10 is very slow on my laptop. How do I power up the performance? Are there any useful hacks that can help me?

The specs of the laptop would be useful, also some quantification of "how slow" it is.
    I would suggest the usual tools - PerfMon and ResMon to gather up some data.

If the speed has suddenly changed, what has been done to change it?
    Also what sort of workload is the laptop running?

Note to other posters. My spam-sense is tingling for this thread, so any new posters with some "miraculous" commercial product to solve the problem WILL be dealt with harshly.....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

My spam-sense is tingling for this thread
      Did you see the IP?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Ah....
        ...ok, lets get some popcorn and watch this develop!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Excellent idea. Click image for larger version

Name:	popcorn.gif
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	517459
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i would remove all your antivirus software and roll back all the updates till you are back at a base 10, then format the drive and reinstall windows 3.1..

i didnt get to see the IP.. what normally happens when things are posted from that IP?
            its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
            Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

There are certain geographical ip ranges which have, from years of experience, come to be associated with spam.

Only issue with Win3.1 is support for USB
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by James Haynes
                i didnt get to see the IP
                It's an option only us angry old farts get to see. Click image for larger version

Name:	angryoldman.gif
Views:	16
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	517477
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

When did the issue start? From my experience, I had my paging file size too small and my PC kept on being slow despite the fact that both the RAM was 8GB and the apps installed were less. All you need to do is to uncheck the option Automatically manage paging file size for all drives. This should be done on drive C where you have installed the OS. Let me grab some popcorns.

Comment

Working...
                  X