Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Phone Internet Connection Issue

Hi,

A friend of ours has given me an old Windows Mobile Phone to look at ... it is Windows 8.1 (Nokia Lumia).

It is unable to connect giving the error, "The internet and I aren't talking right now" and after searching the internet as much as I can I have found a number of solutions which don't work.

One is to set the phone's DNS to OpenDNS or Google DNS ... that doesn't work because I can't find a way to set the phone's DNS (I read somewhere that it can't be done on a Lumia). Another is to update to the latest version of Windows which I can't seem to do (either with or without WiFi) so ...

Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can sort this problem because there doesn't seem to be a solution (though I may well be searching for the wrong thing).

Thx

Keke
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Would you like to share your connection with the computer or just trying to active internet for random surfing?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin2 View Post
      Would you like to share your connection with the computer or just trying to active internet for random surfing?
      Hi Austin,

She wants the phone to have a normal internet connection. If I was able to share the computer's internet connection it might allow me to download an upgrade which might resolve the issues I guess ... can that be done?

Keke

Comment

Ian Somnia is visiting tonight so........

Turn the Wi-Fi on and get it connecting to the Internet that way. This is to make sure it will actually connect. The DNS can be obtained from a WAP or a Hotspot on another device. Once you know it is working that way. There are a number of Google links about this but since the phone model hasn't been posted I can't get Mr Somnia to help narrow the search.

Have you tried to Factory Default it and see if that helps in any way?

If Ian is still here later or even tomorrow I will pop back and see if you have posted the model number. Don't know if that will make any difference but who knows.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi Biggles,

I think I've solved it. Turns out the phone's date & time were set wrong. When I noticed that, I remembered that I've had many problems with MS operating systems based on mismatched time and date.

It appears to work now ... I just wonder why that kind of solution didn't come up on a Google search? Ah well

Keke

Comment

Working...
          X