Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYSPREP W10 - error with installed apps

Hi,
    Im trying to sysprep a W10 image and every time I run sysprep it errors referring to setupact.log if I look at the log it refers to apps which are part of the Windows store

"SYSPRP Package Windows.ContactSupport_10.0.15063.0_neutral_neutra l_cw5n1h2txyewy was installed for a user"

If I remove this app it complains about another app. If I run the powershell command to uninstall all online apps it still errors about installed apps. Do I have to go through each and every app and uninstall manually?

Thanks

Get a branch from a tree and beat it mercilessly. It worked for Basil Faulty when his Morris 1300 (or was it an 1100 ) broke down.

Good question and an interesting one. I am inspired to do some research on this issue and if I get time I shall do so. At the risk of being fired for disloyalty, have you tried asking about this on the TechNet Windows 10 Forums? You may get a prize for finding a new Windows 10 "Feature".
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I tried beating it with a branch moved onto a whole tree then just used the chainsaw instead - seemed to do the trick!

I re-installed W10 and removed ALL provisioned and online installed apps before I did anything else. I was then allowed to sysprep the machine

Comment

I have a friend who was caught with a laptop that was trying to install/upgrade to Creator Update New Technology (weird acronym from Microsoft) but the laptop had encrypted files. He had to go and unencrypt ALL the bloody files so the CUNT could install. Is there no end to the shit that Win10 is throwing at people.

My daughter was downloading a large file for her Uni course and about 3/4 of the way through Win10 decided to "update" so the download was trashed. We even had wireless metering enable but that didn't stop them. Meanwhile on her Surface Pro 4, the long dreaded update never happened cause it appears it was not "compatible" with the Microsoft hardware. Imagine that.

Pleased you got your issue, well not resolved, but at least in working order.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I agree, initially I thought W10 was "ok" certainly better than 8/8.1 but not as good as 7 - how my opinion seems to have changed. They seem to be D 1 cking with it a lot more with the updates changing this and that - I think I get why they made it free, because of all the advertsing trash they pack with it.

I mean I get why you would need Candy Crush installed on an enterprise product everyone needs a little down time now and again - wtf?!

Comment

Have you stopped the system from accessing the internet??

I know for a fact that allowing the inbuilt apps to update will cause sysprep to fail.

Comment

Hi,
              Is there a way to close this post? This one is kind of merging with another of my posts which were "same same but different"

Comment

Working...
              X