Skype problems with Windows 10.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skype problems with Windows 10.

Not only two of my friends have problems with Windows 10 and Skype but a browse of the Internet shows many others have such problems with Skype. I will not allow the older version of Skype to be replaced by the fancy new version myself. My clever IT pal claimed when he installed the new version it would not handle messages. Also another friend and many on the internet cannot hear voices since they are garbled etc. It took a friend a long time to cure the interference to my voice even when she replaced the new version of Skype with the older version. She had to try umpteen of the Win 10 Trouble shooters in the Control Panel to control the interference. Yet I had no such problems with other friends on Skype.

There are alternate options to Skype. Though I haven't tried it, my daughter uses Hangouts which I am going to have to use when she is overseas for a year. Like much of Microsoft software I do not trust them to not "slurp" up all my information, especially my private data and use it for their own purposes.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I should explain for the benefit of others, a friend finally solved the problem of always hearing my voice garbled by using the trouble shooters of Windows under the Control Panel.

Comment

As much as I loathe Windows 10 Gordon, I am pleased that something in that useless pack of ones and zeros was able to fix the problem for your friend. :thumbsup: (We really should have that smilie)
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

My housebound IT friend in Bexhill would agree with all you say about the strange Nerdy Windows 10. He only had it a short while to find a Windows update wrecked it. Like me he refuses to use the risky Skype update designed for Win 10 or the terrible alternative browser Edge. Never being to proud to read an instruction book so I have one on nearly every version of Windows over the years. I notice it states the wonderful Edge browser will not work on some sites!!

Comment

Working...
          X