Pawword Login not valid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawword Login not valid

It's a strange situation, sometimes I can't login to my pc if there is a Wifi connection. I digit my password and I recieve an error of "invalid password" even if it's correct. If I disable Wireless, I can login. Why????

Are you using a Microsoft account? If so, has your password been updated across all the devices that use it?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

I've had this PC from my company. So I'm not sure about Microsoft Account. I nned to check it

Comment

IF it is a company PC, it is probably on Active Directory, so is looking for a domain controller to authenticate against. Not sure why it fails to logon on WiFi, normally if a DC cannot be reached Windows fails over to cached credentials regardless of whether it is on a network or not
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Just a question. This WIFI is in another company WITH an Active Directory also. This could be caused a little bit of confusion to autentication process?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. How are you entering your username? Make sure you have the AD domain name in front of it: domain\username

If not, the device assumes the machine name is the domain name, and AD will not, therefore, be authorised to authenticate it

[Edit]
            When you say 'no wifi' do you mean no network? Or, are you connected via Ethernet instead??
            Last edited by Blood; 30th August 2017, 15:16.
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

It's the standard login of windows 10
              There is my fullname (without domain) and under the name the passwordbox: if I try to connect to this (only this) network my pc doesn't accept my password. If I try from hotel (with wifi) I've no problem

I tried also with ethernet, but with the same result. I need to disable Wifi and disconnect cable. In this way I can login to my PC (then I enabled wifi and everything works)
              Last edited by galbori; 30th August 2017, 17:24.

Comment

Working...
              X