Force Snipping Tool to save to a predefined location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Snipping Tool to save to a predefined location

Is there a way to make Snipping Tool save to a predefined every time it's used? The user should be able to change the location via the Save As option, but every time a new snap is taken it should default back to the predefined location.
    From what i noticed the 1st time i open Snipping Tool, the default save location is "C:\Users\Public\Pictures". But after i save a screenshot to a different location the program remembers that last location used. But if i delete the last location used (for example i create a folder, save to it and then delete/rename that folder) then Snipping Tools reverts back to the default save location next time i use it. So that initial default save location is stored somewhere, since Snipping tool knows to revert back to it, but i just can't find where is stored . I did a Systracer when saving a screenshot, but i could not find anything relevant in the files or registries

This behavior needs to happen on both W7 and W10, but i don't think it makes sense to open the same topic in the Windows 7 sub-forum

From the lengthy discussion here (https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w7itproinstall) it looks as if it is the default user profile picture location (managed by registry or the last saved location. There is a registry key you can change but it will affect more than just the snipping tool
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X