Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 RDP

Hi,

Is there a way to remotely connect to Windows 10 without logging the console session off? I believe the answer is no but I thought I'd ask the experts

Keke
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Not via RDP (this is by design on clients)
    Remote Assistance will allow you to shadow the users desktop, but requires a user to send the invitation
    Third party solutions may do the same (LogMeIn, VNC etc)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Not via RDP (this is by design on clients)
      Remote Assistance will allow you to shadow the users desktop, but requires a user to send the invitation
      Third party solutions may do the same (LogMeIn, VNC etc)
      OK, looks like I need to reinstall Server 2012 then. I really want to be able to access the system remotely whilst using the console in order to do tutorials at the same time.

Thx

Keke

Comment

Neerajgs, you have 51 posts so that goes in your favour. When I clicked on the link I received an anti virus warning screen. Unfortunately I terminated the session before taking a screen capture. I tried again, in a less panicked mode, in a Sandbox VM and the page went to a grey background and no further.

I will leave it to the real site Moderators to decide what to do with this but I broke your link on the off chance the site has been compromised. I do NOT believe this is an attempt on your part to post a malicious link here but your account may have been hacked so.......

In answer to the OPs question, if you are not averse to spending some dosh, then I suggest you look at TSPlus . They have a 15 day free trial and having installed it at sites I have found it quite good. Well worth a play even if you don't want to part with the coin. Prices can be found here and they have 3, 5, 10, 25 and unlimited licenses. Just re-read your posts and this is not suitable. I think Teamviewer can do what you want.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Just re-read your posts and this is not suitable. I think Teamviewer can do what you want.
          Will it? I use that already so I will give it a try.

Thx

Keke

Comment

I heard about connecting to remote Win10 console sessions via mstsc, after some extra work taken by system administrator (including getting an external IP for my Win10 PC). It works, although not as stable as users want!

Comment

Working...
            X