29 July 2016, JOYOUS day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 July 2016, JOYOUS day

Oh what a great day today is. No more forced coercion (I hope) of Microslurp pushing this insidious malware onto my computers and stealing more data than they than ever before. For those of you who have it, voluntary or not, watch out for the "exciting" changes that are coming up starting with the Anniversary Update on 2nd August. Enjoy the adverts.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Actually it looks as if there are still 14 hours to go still, so well into 30th July for me!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

And onto the final countdown....
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Win10Countdown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	506440
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

going... going...GONE...
        ... phone rings "Can you tell me about the free windows 10?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Win10End.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	506442
        Tom Jones
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

Comment

Haha - I had a guy asking me to install it on his personal PC on the 29th. It failed but I did not have time to fix it myself - left him de(in)structions but he couldn't be arsed. And, on 30th, another person was asking me how to prepare for the free upgrade... oh well
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Yup, my wife hands me her Win8 laptop today - can I upgrade it?
            Thank goodness for MSDN....
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X