Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create the boot.esd file and modify two BCD files

Hi

I'm trying to create an ISO of Windows 10 with the boot.esd and install.esd file from a decrypted esd file using only Windows ADK 10.

How do I create the boot.esd file and modify appropriately the two BCD (BIOS and UEFI)?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

FFS learn to use
    First link using your question above gave a solution
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cr...IDQ&gws_rd=ssl

(note it uses an additional tool to decrypt the ESD file, however the second link references using the ADK to do it)

Thanks
    Dye
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        FFS learn to use
        First link using your question above gave a solution
        https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cr...IDQ&gws_rd=ssl

(note it uses an additional tool to decrypt the ESD file, however the second link references using the ADK to do it)

Thanks
        Dye
        Excuse but where the link that, for do this, use Windows ADK 10 and boot.esd file?

Thanks

Bye
        balubeto

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto View Post

Excuse but where the link that, for do this, use Windows ADK 10 and boot.esd file?

Thanks

Bye
          As posted previously, the second link in the search I posted will tell you the answer

If that isn't clear, find the line in blue starting http and click on it (that is called a LINK)
          The page that appears contains a number of such LINKS. Click on the second (between the first and third) one
          Read the page that comes up

Thanks
          Dye
          Last edited by Ossian; 19th October 2015, 17:12.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post

As posted previously, the second link in the search I posted will tell you the answer

If that isn't clear, find the line in blue starting http and click on it (that is called a LINK)
            The page that appears contains a number of such LINKS. Click on the second (between the first and third) one
            Read the page that comes up

Thanks
            Dye
            Excuse but the second link (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...e-d3b9118a8864 ) does neither speak about the Windows ADK 10 nor the boot.esd file. I'm wrong?

Thanks

Bye
            balubeto

Comment

The second link I have is to zdnet
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

The procedure, described in the http://deploymentresearch.com/Resear...y-tools-needed link, creates a boot.wim file as if it were a boot.esd file and it does not work logically.

So, I upgraded Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 64 bit to build 10565 through Windows Update (Fast ring) and I installed Windows ADK 10, I created the procedure

Code:
                1) md "<Windows_Files_Path>"

2) md "<iso_Path>"

3) md "<esd_File_Path>"

4) move "<Primary_partition_letter>:\$Windows.~BT\sources\install.esd" "<esd_File_Path>\"

5) dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:"<esd_File_Path>\install.esd"

6) dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"<esd_File_Path>\install.esd" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:"<Windows_Files_Path>"

7) dism /Export-Image /SourceImageFile
                :"<esd_File_Path>\install.esd" /SourceIndex
                :2 /DestinationImageFile
                :"<Windows_Files_Path>\sources\boot.esd" /Compress:Recovery

8) dism /Export-image /SourceImageFile:"<esd_File_Path>\install.esd" /SourceIndex:3 /DestinationImageFile:"<Windows_Files_Path>\sources\boot.esd" /Compress:Recovery /Bootable

9) dism /Export-image /SourceImageFile:"<esd_File_Path>\install.esd" /SourceIndex:<Index_Number> /DestinationImageFile:"<Windows_Files_Path>\sources\install.esd" /Compress:Recovery

10) BCDedit /store "<Windows_Files_Path>\boot\bcd" /set {default} osdevice ramdisk=[boot]\sources\boot.esd,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}

11) BCDedit /store "<Windows_Files_Path>\boot\bcd" /set {default} device ramdisk=[boot]\sources\boot.esd,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}

12) del /AH "<Windows_Files_Path>\boot\bcd.LOG*"

13) BCDedit /store "<Windows_Files_Path>\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd" /set {default} osdevice ramdisk=[boot]\sources\boot.esd,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}

14) BCDedit /store "<Windows_Files_Path>\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd" /set {default} device ramdisk=[boot]\sources\boot.esd,{7619dcc8-fafe-11d9-b411-000476eba25f}

15) del /AH "<Windows_Files_Path>\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd\bcd.LOG*"

16) oscdimg -o -u2 -udfver102 -l"<Label_Name>" -tmm/dd/yyyy,hh:mm:ss -bootdata:2#p0,e,b"<Windows_Files_Path>\boot\etfsboot.com"#pEF,e,b"<Windows_Files_Path>\efi\microsoft\boot\efisys.bin"
                            "<Windows_Files_Path>" "<iso_Path>\<iso_Name>.iso"

17) isoburn /Q <Drive_Letter>: "<iso_Path>\<iso_Name>.iso"
                When, however, I will boot it on a computer that has UEFI, I get this error:

The curious thing is that, even if I will boot it on a computer that has the BIOS, I get the same error. Why?

but I can not understand where I'm wrong.

You have some idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Bye
                balubeto

Comment

Errrr, sorry but you are wrong Tom. That link is now the FIRST in the list, maybe due to it gaining popularity by our viewers actually clicking on it.

Serious question balubeto, how do you keep your job in, I am assuming, IT?
                  • You don't/can't seem to be able to use Google.
                  • You can't seem to click on links that are provided for you.
                  • Most of your posts ask for a step by step guide on how to resolve the "problems" that you post, so how are you still employed?
                  It really is a serious question because I am mystified.

Thanks

Bye

Biggles77
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto
                      creates a boot.wim file as if it were a boot.esd file and it does not work logically.
                      Have you tried then to get it to work illogically? Seriously, if Johan has posted a step by step guide (you want these remember) and you can't get his obviously working process to deliver the results THEN, it is logical that you have done something wrong. Did you do the step by step guide just once or have you tried it several times?

Have you done a side by side comparison of Johan's steps and your steps?
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                      X