Uninstalling Win 10 back to Win 8.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalling Win 10 back to Win 8.1

I understand if after upgrading Win 7 or 8.1 to the free Win 10, for any reason you do not like it or have problems, you can easily revert back to Win 7 or 8.1. Perhaps this is done with a System Restore. Is this correct, I doubt you will then be allowed further attempts to upgrade ?
    My friend claims a short while after she upgraded, her screen started going wrong so she promptly reverted back to Win 8.1. But then I must admit like me she is very elderly !?!
    Gordon

After a quick conference with my friend Mr , this seems to cover it:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-...dows-7-or-8.1/

I would give it more than a "short while" but after a week of Win10 on my Surface Pro 3, I'm starting to wonder....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
      but after a week of Win10 on my Surface Pro 3, I'm starting to wonder....
      Please do tell more!
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Personally liking it better than 8.1 on my Surface Pro V1....

Can't see any reason why you would be blocked from upgrading again later on, as long as you have activated 10 then you should be able to upgrade or clean install later on and have the store remember the activation.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X