Win 10 Pro on domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 10 Pro on domain

installed Window 10 Pro on a Dell E6430 with no issues, placed said laptop on domain with my admin account and I can't use any features. I then logged on as myself on my domain and same issue. I removed the laptop off the domain and rebooted (workgroup) and then logged on all works...crazy.

my AD's are Win 2008 and Windows 2012 servers. Has anyone run into this issue?

Typing this on a Surface Pro running 10 Pro on a 2012 R2 domain, haven't had any issues. I've got 2 profiles (both domain accounts) and both are working fine.

Did you try a local account whilst joined to the domain? Sounds like some security software or GPOs aren't happy with W10.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Well I fixed it, I first did a clean install this time with Enterprise Ed (x64). But I had the same issues, so on a elevated cmd prompt I ran: sfc /scannow after that finished I ran: Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /restorehealth then rebooted. MS Edge, Start button and Store come up!

Comment

spoke to soon. After installing Office 2013 and installing additional MS updates it reverts back to original issue. If I run the two commands again then it works...yahoooooo Windows 10 is here!

Comment

Doesn't sound like a Windows 10 issue, rather a Group Policy issue... or any other of the numerous ways to push settings to client machines. I would go through any policies, scripts, or management software you have in place to see what's pushing the configuration and make an exclusion or change.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

pushing the config? I did a clean install via ISO.

Comment

But if it connected to the Domain then there may be some GPOs being applied.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by bigalusn View Post
                pushing the config? I did a clean install via ISO.
                Right, what biggles says. When you join a domain any number of policies, scripts, and applications can be installed. It's the act of joining the domain that brings these changes, not the media you installed from.
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                X