Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCP recertification deadline extended, VCP6 discount if you've already recertified

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCP recertification deadline extended, VCP6 discount if you've already recertified

The title says a lot, here's more of the detail:

http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.co.uk...-extended.html
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012

Re: VCP recertification deadline extended, VCP6 discount if you've already recertifie

They have really created another income stream out of the Certification "industry".
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: VCP recertification deadline extended, VCP6 discount if you've already recertifie

By extending a deadline, and offering a 65% discount to those who met the original deadline??

Comment

Post made while tired (which seems to be most times lately) so not really very elaborate and this one may not be much better. It was aimed at the IT industry as a whole.

It takes a lot of money to stay Certified and maybe I will sit down and work it all out. Throw in a required course or two and we are talking serious money.

Sorry, just realised I have taken your thread

I will Sticky this so it doesn't get lost and try and remember to Unstick it 8th May.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

One course to meet the training requirement for your first VCP level certification, then pass the corresponding exam.

From that point forward, you just need to pass an exam at the same or higher level every 2 years - no further training is required. That exam can be in the same or a different discipline, so as an example you can start with say vSphere (DCV), then move into Horizon (DT) or NSX (NV), or just stick with vSphere.

There's even a "no training required" starting point if you hold a Cisco certification (CCNA or higher)

Comment

Originally posted by scott28tt
            There's even a "no training required" starting point if you hold a Cisco certification (CCNA or higher)
            Well that is actually nice to know. I hope some CCNA(s) reads this and expands their knowledgebase.

Thanks Scott.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I should have mentioned it's just the NV track that offers the Cisco path, and only til the end of January 2016 - here's the VCP-NV page as an example: https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/pl...11&ui=www_cert

Comment

Working...
              X