Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking

Hello
    I am working as a technical Support 12 years (in big factory)
    and i wont to start and learn the Hacking i see all the Topics of study and I do not know all of them
    I'm afraid it will be difficult to study, Interested in assistance maybe I'm wrong
    Thanks

Re: Hacking

CEH or Certified Ethical Hacker
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

any eBook ,train signal etc...
      what about my question?
      Last edited by Dell; 2nd March 2013, 20:03.

Comment

What question? - I believe Chris answered it by recommending the main certification for ethical hacking. If you are interested in the other kind, you are in the wrong place

As for materials, is a good place to start, as are on-line bookshops such as Amazon
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          What question? - I believe Chris answered it by recommending the main certification for ethical hacking. If you are interested in the other kind, you are in the wrong place

As for materials, is a good place to start, as are on-line bookshops such as Amazon

Why this reaction??
          You can see my first Question......

Comment

Perhaps you should word your questions more clearly. You asked how you could "learn the Hacking" and were given a link to the main certification. What more do you want - someone to do the studying for you?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              Perhaps you should word your questions more clearly. You asked how you could "learn the Hacking" and were given a link to the main certification. What more do you want - someone to do the studying for you?
              You need to learn manners
              Shame your status as administrator!!
              Last edited by Dell; 4th March 2013, 18:02.

Comment

Mr Dell, when a question is asked, the end of the sentence is usually finished with a question mark, you know, one of these ?
                That way there can be no confusion when a question is asked. Even reading your POST, I can see NO question just some words asking for information about Hacking which I assumed by your number of posts to be Ethical Hacking.

I may not be active on these Forums much anymore but I think you can cut out the shit replies to the people who give up their free time to help other like yourself who really only have to type a simple phrase into Google to find an answer; you do know about Google right? (see, a question)

Be very careful how you reply to this post or it may be your last one on these Forums. Ok? (see, another question)
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i find the best way is just to dive in head first and start playing. get a list of IPs that belong to something ending in a .gov and begin telneting to them until you find a logon screen.

i would suggest some brute force apps, but you can find them easy enough.

when you see black helicopters outside, its safe to say you might be considered a hacker...

its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
                  Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

I suggest this thread stays firmly on the topic of ETHICAL hacking or it will be locked.
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

im sorry if anyone took me seriously.. i by no means endorse 'hacking' or 'phreaking' in any way shape or form.

side thought.. how is hacking ever ethical? by definition, hacking implies that there is no typical 'front door' per se, so you must hack your way in.

the term seems to be an oxymoron. if its done in the scope of allowed practices and techniques on your network, wouldnt it just be investigatory administration, security analyse or in the case of exploits/vulnerabilities, pen testing?

it just seems a misnomer imo.

sorry for the confusion... just being (not so) funny. my bizzle....

***EDIT***

like for example, if you were trying to prevent rape in a certain high-rape area, you wouldnt hire an ethical rapist to point out the weak spots. you see what im getting at? ethical hacking simply doesnt exist...
                      Last edited by James Haynes; 6th March 2013, 20:41.
                      its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
                      Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

I assumed you were tongue-in-cheek, but just in case the OP didn't, a "heads up" seemed appropriate.

Ethical hacking -- or "penetration testing" if you prefer (fnarr, fnarr) -- is IMHO perfectly reasonable: an organisation pays an EH to apply any techniques they can to get into a specified network (probably without warning IT staff so a genuine attack is simulated) and the EH reports back on results and, ideally, countermeasures. As long as the EH sticks to the given task, does not attempt to misuse their role and does not omit any discovered vulnerabilities from their report, how does this differ from any other security audit?

IMHO there is a world of difference between this and your ethical rapist example!
                        Tom Jones
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

Comment

The original definition of HACKING came to me from an IT Uni student in 1992. He definded it as fine tuning your machine to get the best possible performance. What is now refered to as "hacking" was back then called CRACKING. Cracking was the illegal stuff then but I guess terminologies have changed of the past years.
                          1 1 was a racehorse.
                          2 2 was 1 2.
                          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Back to the basic origin of the word, though, "hacking" predates computers, and is merely the act of "hacking away" at a problem or puzzle. As the first computer hackers were already keen on figuring out systems (such as model railroads), it became a term for learning and mastering the ins and outs of a system. It was later bent by less-learned folks, especially by the tech-illiterate media, and accepted by the great unwashed masses to define a pimply faced youth hiding in Granny's basement and breaking into systems for personal gain and/or random damage.
                            The hat colors seem to merely be a way to gently educate those masses in that this is by no means an accurate pigeonhole for computer enthusiasts. I think it's largely a waste of effort, but c'est la vie.

Comment

Working...
                            X