Icce 4.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icce 4.0

Recently started a job with Interactive Intelligence and am sitting in on the ICCE Bootcamp for the new version of the product which has only just been released. First week was installation and configuration of Interaction Centre - got 98% on the written and 100% on the practical. Will have more exams next week to complete the course, all being well I'll come out with an ICCE certification
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Icce 4.0

Well done
    Not a cert I have ever heard of -- do you have some links?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Not a too shabby score. Well done Gareth??
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you gentlemen!

IC (Interaction Centre) is the company's core product which is a software VOIP telephony / unified messaging system targetted at callcentres or other large enterprises. The certified community is quite small as we're only resold by a small number of partners. Company's website is here and some information about training and certification is here. I've never really been involved with telephony before so I'm not familiar with the competitors' products - certainly not products aimed at such big deployments but I've been very impressed by the product so far. I won't say more though otherwise I'll fall foul of the rules on advertising
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Three cheers for specialized certifications! Love it. Congratulations.

I am not loving your un-updated signature, however. Let's have a bit more alphabet soup down there. :P
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Used I3 for a while a couple of years ago at one company and I'm starting to use it again at another. An old boss of mine (from the first company) knew it so well and got so many other companies to use it that after the first company closed its doors he landed a job there as a solutions marketing manager.
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
              Three cheers for specialized certifications! Love it. Congratulations.

I am not loving your un-updated signature, however. Let's have a bit more alphabet soup down there. :P
              I'm working on it... certification take times and moneys

Originally posted by Wired View Post
              Used I3 for a while a couple of years ago at one company and I'm starting to use it again at another. An old boss of mine (from the first company) knew it so well and got so many other companies to use it that after the first company closed its doors he landed a job there as a solutions marketing manager.
              Awesome which version of IC are you using? Presumably 3.0. I've not seen much of it yet but already I'm appreciating how much of an improvement it is... but again, I'll stop talking now since I'm in support not sales
              Gareth Howells

Comment

Signature updated. Do you like it?

As with the first week I scored 98% on the written and 100% on the practical - missed one question on the multi-choice test. The instructor agrees that it was a poorly worded question and he's going to raise it with the senior instructor when he gets back to the US tomorrow. Either way though, I can't complain about 99%.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                  Signature updated. Do you like it?
                  Nice! MOAR LETTURZ!!
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                  -------------------------------
                  Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                  Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                  Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                  Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Indeed. Next time you build a callcentre you'll know who to talk to for your telephony

Have also finally motivated myself to start rebuilding a lab setup. Watch this space - Microsoft exams to resume in the new year.
                    Gareth Howells

Comment

You seem to excel at this phone stuff Gareth. (hope there was no heavy breathing involved )

What sort of lab setup are you looking at or do you already have the hardware?
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No heavy breathing, although as the instructor and I have the same sense of humour the IVR menuswere definately not suitable for use in a production environment

I'd never touched any VOIP before and only had basic experience with PBXes. I found out about the interview for this job (which was a phone interview - even more unnerving) 2 days in advance and was asked to learn what I could about SIP messaging and RTP. Likewise my networking experience is limited (I've always focussed more on the servers) so I crammed what I could. I guess I gave the right impression since I got through to the second (in-person) and third (phone interview with someone at head office in IN) stages of interview. I'll be heading over there for a few weeks in the new year to get some more in-depth training. It'll be a few years before I come anywhere close to knowing the product inside-out, for now though I've been assigned to support for a "cut down" version of the product that only handles email and web chat interactions rather than calls, so I can build on my Exchange knowledge while still having time to learn the phone stuff.

Lab... at the moment, just VMware Workstation. Once I have the money then I'll be after either a high-end Precision or a low-mid range PowerEdge... the laptop runs a little hot with an i7 in it... I'll also need to wait until I move into a decent flat next summer as for the time being I've had to take a pokey little ****hole because it's the only place I was able to find that I could move into when I need to. At least I only need to stay there 6 months... *thinks happy thoughts*
                        Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                          Awesome which version of IC are you using? Presumably 3.0. I've not seen much of it yet but already I'm appreciating how much of an improvement it is... but again, I'll stop talking now since I'm in support not sales
                          Yep, 3.0.

Congrats on the job. Any travel for you, or only working in their office?

Comment

Buy 4.0. It rawks . Also, come to Slough to get certified if you aren't already (I forget which country you're in...) and we can go have a Petri-meet in the awesome curry house just down the road from the office.

To begin with I'll only travel to the US for training, then I'll be based at the office in Slough. Once I'm more experienced then there may be travel to customer sites from time to time; we also sell hardware as well as software - both PSTN gateways and servers pre-installed with IC.
                            Gareth Howells

Comment

I'm in Orlando, nowhere near the UK

Comment

Working...
                              X