Earned the CWNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earned the CWNA

Long time no see! Rest assured that I'm alive and well, and lurking... *evil laugh here*

Anyways, I passed the PW0-104 exam about two weeks ago to earn the Certified Wireless Network Professional certification. For study, I used the official Sybex book and the practice tests provided by the CWNP. For a more full essay on the study experience, I blogged about it here.

The studying is pretty intense. I thought it would be all about layer two concepts. In fact, the first six chapters are a serious dive into physics, wave propagation, logarithms, the inverse rule of squares... and more. It was no joke. I actually feel like this certification is worth something.

Bask in the glow!

Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: Earned the CWNA

Congrats! Keep on truckin'

Comment

Well done
      What's next?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Well done
        What's next?
        I'm not entirely sure. I'd like to get the CCENT / CCNA to prove my networking chops. I'm also very interested in going further into the wireless networking world and getting the "P" level CWNP certifications. That would be the CWSP, CWDP and CWAP. The CWDP (The "D" stands for "Design") is what fascinates me the most. However, I'm also dealing with a lot more Linux, specifically Red Hat / RPM-based distros. The RHCSA / RHCE are enticing.

So for the foreseeable future, I think I'm going after the itty-bitty CCENT before the year ends. I'll then consider if I should go for the CWDP or the RHCSA next. I may be implementing more wireless networks for customers shortly, but I know for certain that I'm going to have some Linux projects coming up as well. It's just a matter of which is more lucrative and in which field do I need to have pretty logos to print on my business card.

I'm not sure if I told about it here, but I'm now trying to make my way as an independent consultant in the greater Phoenix Arizona area. Thus certifications have become even more valuable to me. It's really nice, when making it on your own, to have certifications and logos to reassure potential clients that, in spite of me looking like I'm 17, I know a few things. :P

If anyone needs some consulting... HOLLA!
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

Good job Wesley!! Click image for larger version

Name:	yahoo.gif
Views:	16
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	466369 (pity about be 2 mark short though, see, I do read your blog )
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            Good job Wesley!! [ATTACH]5051[/ATTACH] (pity about be 2 mark short though, see, I do read your blog )
            YOU LIKE ME! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!!

Pictures of the pretty papers and card and mouse pad they sent me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2614881...in/photostream
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Way to go. You all make my A+ feel worthless. :P
              "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                YOU LIKE ME! YOU REALLY LIKE ME!!

Pictures of the pretty papers and card and mouse pad they sent me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/2614881...in/photostream
                Stop blurring out the naughty bits
                ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                  Stop blurring out the naughty bits
                  You can't handle my naughty bits!! :P
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Congrats Wesley with passing the CWNA!
                    Marcel
                    Technical Consultant
                    Netherlands
                    http://www.phetios.com
                    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Congrats...

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
                        Congrats Wesley with passing the CWNA!
                        Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                        Congrats...
                        Thank you chaps. However, I doubt I'll ever be as lettered as as Ossian and Dumber. Perhaps I can get by with be very, very punctuated...
                        Wesley David
                        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Use lots, and lots of commas. :P
                          "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Ah, what's in a few certifications...
                            In the end it's all about the actually knowledge you have or have not
                            Marcel
                            Technical Consultant
                            Netherlands
                            http://www.phetios.com
                            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Working...
                            X