City & Guilds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City & Guilds

Another non-IT one... passed City & Guilds 2377-12 back in December. I already had passed a PAT testing course internally at a previous company, but wanted it to be formally recognised.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: City & Guilds

And a pat on the back for passing that one Gareth. Well done (and sorry about the bad pun )
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Oh dear.

Still, last night I was thinking about how dark it was outside. Damn daylight saving

Planning on taking 2377-11 at some point too - 12 is the "hands on" part, 11 is management and administration. Before that though, I've got MS 70-270 booked for next month. I wouldn't normally bother with an XP exam but I've got a voucher for that exam with a local testing centre, and "MCP" on the CV is always nice to have if it hasn't cost you anything
      Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        Another non-IT one... passed City & Guilds 2377-12 back in December. I already had passed a PAT testing course internally at a previous company, but wanted it to be formally recognised.
        All my C&G qualifications in Electronics are long since expired. Matter of fact i think they're retired. Didn't even know City and Guilds were still around. Wasn't the PAT testing course a one day course though? I remember showing some interest in it donkeys years ago and even went for a job somewhere in the late 90's as a teen doing PAT testing. Although i never bothered with it in the end.

Comment

This place does it as a one day course, I've seen some places that offer it as a week though
          Gareth Howells

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
            This place does it as a one day course, I've seen some places that offer it as a week though
            One week? Geez it's only portable appliance testing!!!?!?! Used to be alot of money in PAT testing. Not sure if that's still the case. My days with electronics are long done.

Comment

Yup, still a licence to print money lol.

In all seriousness, it is worthwhile, the problem is that so many companies overcharge while not adhering to the IEEE guidelines. A computer and monitor for instance should be tested as four appliances - PC, monitor and 2 IEC leads. Chances are though that the PC/monitor together with their power lead will be tested together as a single appliance.
              Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
              X