No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vcp..

Hi, I would like to get my vcp but I only have the class for version 3. Is this still valid.

Re: Vcp..

According to this link yes it is

Re: Vcp..

The VCP3 exam is no longer available, so you will have to work towards VCP4 on vSphere. You will have to attend an official vSphere 4 course in order to qualify for VCP4 in spite of you already having attended a VI3 course. So, what are your options?

If you don't work much with VI3/vSphere, in spite of having been trained on VI3, I would advise taking the 5-day vSphere: Install Configure Manage course - this course is the closest match to the VCP4 exam of all the courses that would qualify you for VCP4, it will also refresh and update your VI3 skills/knowledge as well as teaching you about many of the new vSphere 4 features.

If you work with VI3/vSphere a fair bit, I would advise that you either take the 2-day vSphere: What's New course or the 4-day vSphere: Troubleshooting course - both of those courses will count as qualification for VCP4 and you won't end up going over concepts/features that you are already familiar with from your VI3 course and experience.

VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP 5 / VCAP-DCA4 / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012