Udemy certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Udemy certificate

Does an Udemy certificate have any value?
    Are Udemy certificates worth mentioning in a CV/resume?

I had to Google this and apparently they are indeed worth mentioning on a CV at least that's what Udemy trainers say. I haven't done as many courses as some on this forum but I do find that any courses I have studied gave a good introduction to the subject and as such gave me an advantage when I was then confronted with the software in a live environment. I think a better question might be have I studied the appropriate subjects that my employer/potential employer requires that will best make me an attractive employee? That is just my opinion and may count for squat when sitting in front of the HR weenie.

What subjects do you have certs for or are studying to obtain the certs for?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you for your message biggles77.
      At the moment I'm studying "Windows Server 2016 Training for Beginners" (Udemy).
      After completion I will receive a certification.

Comment

Sounds like a good start but to go even further, it might be an idea to actually sit the Microsoft Certification and gain that as well. After doing the Udemy course, you should be able to sail through the MS exam. Cost for it isn't pleasant and that is why I gave up sitting them 14 years ago. Don't know if they are still available but if they are, look for the double shot exams. Buy 1 and get the second one free if you don't pass it the first time.

Once you have passed that one then you have to look at what you will do next. Certifications, it's the gift that never stops................
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thank you for the information biggles77.
          I know enough.

Comment

Working...
          X