CEH Cert Study

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEH Cert Study

So I want to be a Network Security Analyst (AKA Ethical Hacker) and I'm looking for some books to read to get up to date on it, Maybe even some online media tests/training courses, preferably free. :P I've searched Google and haven't had much luck for what I'm looking for.
    Any recommendations, since I can almost guarantee there are at-least a few CEH's on here?
    "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Re: CEH Cert Study

I have a few study guides I got from cramsession.com although be warned they are quite spammy once you sign up. I used an old email addy that I don't really use anymore, they do sometimes send out free ebook or practice exam offers which is why I haven't black listed them.

CEH is one of things I would like to do if I ever had the time, finishing my MCSE and then upgrading to MCITP: EA is a far off dream at the moment given how busy we are.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Managor View Post
      So I want to be a Network Security Analyst (AKA Ethical Hacker) and I'm looking for some books to read to get up to date on it, Maybe even some online media tests/training courses, preferably free. :P I've searched Google and haven't had much luck for what I'm looking for.
      Any recommendations, since I can almost guarantee there are at-least a few CEH's on here?
      I passed the CEH v6 about a year or so ago. Theres's not really alot of "free" material out there. But to be fair theres not much to the CEH providing you have experience or a background in security. The CEH course will get you familiar with a variety of tools used for pen testing etc. The assumption is that you have a good background across a variety of technologys and Operating Systems. There are a number of good books on Amazon that deal with the CEH course material but i highly doubt you're going to find any "free" material

Comment

The reason I want to study those CEH books is the College degree I'm going to be getting is to be a NSA. It's not one of the 8 Certs that comes with the college but it wouldn't hurt to have it.
        "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Working...
        X