IT Refresher Certifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT Refresher Certifications

I hold a master degree in software engineering, but have been working in other profession for 2 years after graduation and now I want to take a few certifications and get back to the IT industry. Which certificates will be suitable for me? Please suggest me which mode of learning will suit me me as I have almost completely lost touch with the IT sector.

Re: IT Refresher Certifications

Are you looking to get into development, networking or systems administration (and what software platforms are you interested in)?

Learning methodology will be up to you and YOUR preferred style -- you have a choice of:
    Boot Camps (accelerated learning)
    Formal Classes (normal speed)
    Distance Learning Classes
    Study from Books
    Study from Multimedia (e.g. www.trainsignal.com)
    (or a combination of the above)

Whatever you go for, I suggest you invest in suitable hardware and software to practice with
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

All depends on what you want to do.

Why are you not writing software when you have a masters in it???

Comment

Thanks for the information. I am interested in Microsoft .NET or Java. Not sure which one can kick start my career. Can you please suggest some Boot camp providers for Microsoft and Java?

Comment

For .NET look here:
          http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en....aspx#section2

For Java look at:
          http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/5000071000.xml

We don't know where you are so difficult to recommend a boot camp but may be more helpful
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hello friend:
            I would recommend you to go for java instead of .NET.
            If you want to make applications, the most popular are web applications, and everybody knows java is the best for that.

This is the course i have done at Koenning and i think it can be a good start point to get into the world of java:
            in.sun.com/training/certification/java/scjp.xml

If you wants to program desktop applications i would recommend C#(.NET) it is more powerfull and easy than javas swing(from my point of view), but i dont know much about microsoft certification, you will have to find at some microsoft site.

Also if he wants to program for mobile phones i would not recommend the certification for Java Micro Edition, i would go for Android, becouse it is standarized. Probably there is not certification for android jet, but i think it is worth it to learn about it, it is very interesting.

Have a look at javas diferent certifications, im sure you can find something you like.

Greetings

Comment

Here is you can have great boot camps, on java and .NET. Have a look at this:

URL DELETED BY MOD
              Last edited by Ossian; 17th August 2010, 09:37.

Comment

Working...
              X