Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

I've been looking into getting VCP4 certified. I've got everything except the cash for the required course. I've been trying to figure out the answer to this question: If I pass the exam first, and then take the course -- does that count? Will I be awarded the certification upon class completion? Anyone done it that way?

Also, as a side question, how many VCPs (on any version) do we have in active participation here?

Thanks for your time,
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Re: If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

Personally I would contact VMware to ask that question.
    http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/ce...ation/faqs.cfm

I think there aren't many VCP's here yet. However I do expect this will grow in future At least +1 in the near future
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: If I take the VCP4 exam and pass, and /then/ take the class, does that count?

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
      Personally I would contact VMware to ask that question.
      http://mylearn.vmware.com/portals/ce...ation/faqs.cfm
      Yeah, I figured. I thought I'd toss it out here amongst friends first. I'll report back when I find the answer.

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
      I think there aren't many VCP's here yet. However I do expect this will grow in future At least +1 in the near future
      Yeah, let us know how it turns out.
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

I got my question answered by non other than Jon Hall himself in this webinar. You can take the class or the exam in any order that you want. Whenever both requirements are met, you get your VCP4 certification.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

I already thought so but wasn't sure about it... Thanks for the update
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

From what I've been told (last week) by a vmware trainer, you cannot take the exam unless you take the class.

I've just taken the class and I will have to take the VCP4 exam next month. Taking the class gives you a 10% discount for the exam.

The company I work for paid for the course and the exam, so I'm fortunate this way :

Comment

Originally posted by calin_ionesco View Post
              From what I've been told (last week) by a vmware trainer, you cannot take the exam unless you take the class.
              How do they enforce this? Does the exam registration process ask you? I might have to bring this up with Jon Hall. The plot thickens.

Originally posted by calin_ionesco View Post
              've just taken the class and I will have to take the VCP4 exam next month. Taking the class gives you a 10% discount for the exam.

The company I work for paid for the course and the exam, so I'm fortunate this way :
              Great to know about the discount. Let us know how you do on it!
              Wesley David
              LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                How do they enforce this? Does the exam registration process ask you? I might have to bring this up with Jon Hall. The plot thickens.
                I can speak from experience, you most definitely can take the exam prior to attending the class. I took and passed my VCP 4 exam last week and have to wait till next month to attend the "What's New Class" to become official.

-Jason
                Last edited by VWA4; 20th May 2010, 20:31.
                MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Comment

That's great to know, Jason! Thanks for speaking up.
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                    That's great to know, Jason! Thanks for speaking up.
                    No worries.. Let me know if you need/want any links for study material for the exam. I gathered up a few...

-Jason
                    MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Comment

Working...
                    X