Penetration Tester Course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penetration Tester Course

Does anybody know of a good course that will qualify me to carry out 'Penetration Testing' for a Company's network. I will be carrying out a penetration test for item 11.3 of the PCI DSSv2 standard.

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org...gating_dss.pdf

Thanks.

Re: Penetration Tester Course

CEH from http://www.eccouncil.org/ceh.htm is becoming quite popular.
    Not sure if covers the requirement on the standard you mention though.

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
      CEH from http://www.eccouncil.org/ceh.htm is becoming quite popular.
      Not sure if covers the requirement on the standard you mention though.

Ta
      Thanks L4ndy. This will count as being suitabally qualified. There is nothing special with the penetration test I haven't done before but I need to prove the ability to carry one out.

I am going to be use 'Nessus' for the testing, which also has a specific PCI DSS add-on module.

Comment

Good luck Virtual if you are going for it.
        I have also heard sometime ago that on completing all of its modules it counts towards a University Degree of one of the UK universities (Don't quote me on that though). The name escapes me now.
        There are also some requirements before taking the exams.
        (Apart from a fat-ish wallet). Such as 5 years experience as a Network security professional.

Cheers
        Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
          Good luck Virtual if you are going for it.
          I have also heard sometime ago that on completing all of its modules it counts towards a University Degree of one of the UK universities (Don't quote me on that though). The name escapes me now.
          There are also some requirements before taking the exams.
          (Apart from a fat-ish wallet). Such as 5 years experience as a Network security professional.

Cheers
          Thanks L4ndy.

I have 5+ years experience with network security. Resetting passwords and making sure users do. Does that count.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            I have 5+ years experience with network security. Resetting passwords and making sure users do. Does that count.
            It depends who those users are I suppose.
            If we are talking about network managers and engineers, then sure it does.
            .... otherwise an employers reference focusing mostly on the network security side of the job description, would probably do the trick.

Ta
            Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
            X