train signal thoughts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• train signal thoughts?

I'm working on getting my 601 and 602 for a+ and i was wondering if anyone has any experience with train signal video training? Looks like they are pretty decent especially the pricepoint! 150 bucks for a video course .. I am also signed up for EDIT BY MOD and got the training materials from there but im having problems studying them because i dont quite understand alot of what im studying. Do you guys think this video course might be the answer? any help would be great.

Thanks, Cole
    Last edited by Ossian; 26th September 2008, 04:36. Reason: Removed URL from a 1st post member.

Re: train signal thoughts?

Considering the link you provided has info that hasn't been updated in 3 YEARS, not to mention NO MICROSOFT INFORMATION on their site, I would avoid it.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am also signed up for EDIT BY MOD
      Hmmm, sounds a little brain dumpy.

The train signal vids are good I find, so are the cbt nuggets as far as videos go.

I think as far as books go the authority on the A+ subject is the Mike Meyers All in On.

http://www.mcgraw-hill.com.au/html/9780072263114.html

Thats what I used when I did my A+, plus I used cbt nuggets. The test questions on the cd & the free A+ tests questions onliine were enough to get me through the 2 exams.
      Last edited by Ossian; 26th September 2008, 04:36. Reason: Removed URL from Quote.

Comment

Removed name of site as well as link....
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Damn sorry i'm a tad on the retarted side there that was the wrong site. But I guess its considered a brain dump if its questions and answers? I always thought that it was more considered a quiz or to check and see if your ready. The same type of stuff is provided in the book you guys recommended at the end of each chapter. Anyways not that i'm here to argue just get advice!! I got the Michael myers book although can't say I really like the way he wrote it.. thats why im thinking about the videos and please dont ban me but do you think this is a good one its the site i actually signed up for heard it was good from my instructor at school. but ya i hope the videos are better then myers book seems like hes trying to confuse you or something.. anyways thanks guys.
          Last edited by thug9cole; 27th September 2008, 00:16.

Comment

Guy... it's never "considered" a brain dump. It either is one, or it is not.

If it is a brain dump, it's called that because some guy went and did an exam and memorised all the questions and all his answers. He wrote them down afterwards. God only knows how he knows which ones are right and which ones are wrong - but he doesn't really care.

He then publishes his Q&A as a crib sheet for others to self-test on. Many many thousands of Microsoft and Cisco questions have been compromised in this way. Some of them will be right, so some of his "students" who learn the Q&A by repetition will get through the exams.

If our Mod removes a link because it's a brain dump, then I guess he knows what he's talking about.

My suggestion? Stop posting any links until you get a feel for the place, and then use them sparingly when they're relevant to a topic, legal and will help the original poster.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

p.s. yes that link is to a braindump site. I have no doubt it will be removed. Take my advice; please don't post any more links.

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
                p.s. yes that link is to a braindump site. I have no doubt it will be removed. Take my advice; please don't post any more links.
                Agreed, that's an obvious braindump site. Post reported so the URL is removed.

Comment

ok well i guess my teacher is a idiot for giving me this site in the first place and telling me to signup so i can pass the test? I'm sorry to offend you guys or w/e im just trying to ask for help on passing the a+ exam. Is there any other methods other then Michael myers books i really don't like them. To bad I can't edit my post because i would take it out. This just confirms how dumb my teacher is he has to go home and study when we reach some parts of our book... i'm just looking for help and books aren't really working for me, hopefully that train signal will... I'm not for all posting on this site all the time I just heard its a good site from a buddy of mine who's certified so I figured i would ask if anyone has some advice on passing the a+ anyways...

Comment

found the edit button that site is out of my post thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thug9cole View Post
                      ok well i guess my teacher is a idiot for giving me this site in the first place and telling me to signup so i can pass the test? I'm sorry to offend you guys or w/e im just trying to ask for help on passing the a+ exam. Is there any other methods other then Michael myers books i really don't like them. To bad I can't edit my post because i would take it out. This just confirms how dumb my teacher is he has to go home and study when we reach some parts of our book... i'm just looking for help and books aren't really working for me, hopefully that train signal will... I'm not for all posting on this site all the time I just heard its a good site from a buddy of mine who's certified so I figured i would ask if anyone has some advice on passing the a+ anyways...
                      I didn't like the Mike Meyers book either. It's nice that he's trying to simplify things, but for my tastes (and yours too apparently) it goes a bit far. I read most of Network+ In Depth by Tamara Dean and found it to be quite thorough. Mind you I didn't actually take the Network+ exam... so maybe I'm speaking out of line, but from what I've heard the book is more than adequate for the exam topics. If books aren't your thing, try practice exams from reputable companies such as Transcender, MeasureUp, SelfTest, PrepLogic, and Boson. Mind you, some exam simulators are better than others. I've found Transcender to be the best, at least for Microsoft stuff.

Let me clear up some possible confusion about brain dumps. It's not illegal to do practice exams, but is is illegal if those exams are the exact exam questions (as StoneLaughter pointed out). Legitimate exam simulator companies hire subject matter experts to look at the exam outline that the vendor provides (Microsoft, ComptTIA and Cisco are examples of an exam vendor) and then create original questions that would require you to learn and know the required bullet points for the certification.

I've heard raving things about Train Signal from the folks here at Petri, but I've never tried them myself as I'm rather strapped for cash at the moment. Also, you might want to look at CBT nuggets videos.

I hope that helps,
                      Wesley David
                      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                      -------------------------------
                      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Thanks Nonapeptide ya I understand a brain dump now although I feel like a idiot. I think im gonna try the transcender + train signal combo maybe that will work out. I'm just not much for the books right now. I would like to try out the cbtnuggets but 399 is a pretty out of my price range right now. I keep hearing nothing but good stuff about them from you guys and every search i do on train station review they compare it to cbtnuggets.

Thanks man

Comment

OK guys,
                          Lets get this thread back on topic.

I will assume the OP was innocently posting a site they were given. Its now edited out, so the thread can live.

I echo the previous comments regarding braindumps (although I have to say I have found the odd question in legitimate testing software has turned up identically in an exam).

Basically, to pass you need experience and knowledge. The self tests are to validate that, not to memorise as a quick way of passing exams.

Thug9cole, I know the proper software is expensive, but surely its worth it if it helps you pass properly. How much are the letters A+ or CCNA after you name going to be worth in a job?
                          Tom Jones
                          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

I got the Michael myers book although can't say I really like the way he wrote it.
                            Yeah different strokes for different folks. I was like that with the Microsoft books, nothing could send me to sleep faster. The vids were a real saviour in that sense.

ok well i guess my teacher is a idiot for giving me this site in the first place
                            I know of 3 IT colleges & programs just in my city that encourages the same sort of thing. They see it as, we show you these cheat sites & you have a better chance of passing & the school/college looks better & more people go to their courses due to passing rates.

Problem is, while it gets good numbers for them, it proves fatal for your personal IT knowledge & job readiness. Many employers I know of have got tougher in their recruiting methods. We often see people with many certifications under their belt come to us for jobs & when tested live on things that their certifications say they can do, they crumble.

I have found those to be tough but good test engines also.

Comment

Ah yes, Transgender, the worlds largest braindump yet strangely no one objects to it.
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X