• Show
Clear All

• exam 70-290

hello, i want to pass exam : 70-290
    What is the best way to learn (and complete the exam) between :
    CBT , Learnkey, testout, testking ??

Re: exam 70-290

Hi Wesleym,

Do you have any exams under your belt already?
    If so, you will know that the (IMHO) best way of passing an exam is to have experience to back up your learning.

Use the evaluation copy of Server 2003 and maybe use Virtual Server (now free) to set up a mini virtual network and try out differen aspects of managing the server.

For studying, it depends on your personal way of learning. I prefer books but others prefer CBT. Practice assessments (similar to the live exam) are helpful but I suggest you avoid "braindumps" as they are often wrong and do not help you gain the fundamental understanding of how the OS works.

Best of Luck!

Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

i'm MCP 70-270 XP
      and i wish pass 70-290
      Actually , i'm a technician, i ve already put TSE under windows 2003 server for clients, file server, web servers, and at work exchange server with Outlook web access, but now i need to have this certification (70-290).
      Last edited by wesleym; 2nd July 2006, 10:17.

I think the best way to learn is to go through study material such as a big fat book or computer based training such as Train Signal and set up a nice lab for yourself at home to bang on the product you're testing on. It's also a good idea to network with colleagues on forums to gain understanding on areas you may be confused on.

Avoid brain dumps. They are illegal anyway.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+ - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

I like the Learnkey videos. If you do decide to pick up a book, make sure that you read reviews for it online first. I've had some books before that are full of errors, typos, and wrong information. My 70-270 book from Sybex was HORRIBLE. I picked up the first edition of it when it first came out to get started and wish I hadn't. It ended up being so frustrating I didn't even use it. $50 down the drain...
          A+, Network+, Security+
          MCSE+Security on Server 2003