Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 70-284 advice.

Hi there folks.

I've got to choose an elective to complete my MCSE. Iíve been thinking about having a crack at exam 70-284 (implementing and maintaining and exchange 2003 server). I work in IT and we do use exchange 2003 however Iím not currently involved in the messaging administration.

I was wondering if realistically I could set up a test lab at home and work through the material in either the Sybex or Microsoft press books without any prior experience or Exchange. I know its not the easiest elective to take however I feel it is most useful in my situation.

What do you guys recon? What kind of lab would I need to create?

Thanks for your time.

Andy

Re: Exchange 70-284 advice.

Realistically you could setup a home network and configure and use Exchange 2003 on it. I done it for my Exchange 2000 exam.

However i was maintaining it and administering it on a day to day basis and i still failed my exam first time around.

Good Luck.

Comment

If you do it on the cheap like me, you can get away with one server. To do it properly, you need a DC, a FE and a BE server. Not sure if you could set it up on Virtual Server 2005 R2 and run it all "virtually", but hey, it is fun to play.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        If you do it on the cheap like me, you can get away with one server. To do it properly, you need a DC, a FE and a BE server. Not sure if you could set it up on Virtual Server 2005 R2 and run it all "virtually", but hey, it is fun to play.
        That's what I am trying after my Holiday.

Already have two Virtual servers set up with 512Ram each running well, with enought RAM spare for another one

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Can you let me know how you get on with the virtual servers. I've used Virtual server for testing in the past however i'm not sure how i would start configuring them for an exchange environment.

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Grab a free Virtual Server of your own and play. One of the best ways to learn!
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Please let me know how to get dumps on 70-284 Exchange

Comment

Originally posted by Anky.dumps
                Please let me know how to get dumps on 70-284 Exchange
                Do you want to learn the product or pass an exam? Hands on and book knowledge is usually best. I'd rather not cheapen the certification by providing dumps. Anyway, dumps are illegal. Have been for a long time. Read the NDA if and when you take a certification exam.

Jas
                VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
                boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
                My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                X