Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed 70-291

Got 766.

A lot of questions on DNS, DHCP and RRAS. I didnt get any questions on subnetting and VLSM

This was the first time I had to deal with simulations. One problem with the simulation was a question about createing an account to use to administer a specific OU. You had to create the account and then delegate permissions to it. So I created the account as requested and then started the delegation wizard but it would not allow me to select the account I just created. It just kept on saying the account did not exist so I just had to leave it with just the account created but no delegation.

If I failed by one I would have been really pi$$ed, but all in all a successful day.

Time to book and study for 70-284 then I gain MCSA 2003 status

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Passed 70-291

Congratulations, Michael!

Another one under your belt!
    Thanks for the report on the simulation -- did you flag it for comment to Microsoft?

All the best

Tom
    Forum Moderator
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well done m8.

As what Tom said have you reported it??

Comment

I informed the supervisor about it but whether or not he will do anything about it I can say.
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Isn't there a chance to flag a question to report to Microsoft? (IIRC it is a tick box in the "other" corner to where you flag a question for review)

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
            Isn't there a chance to flag a question to report to Microsoft? (IIRC it is a tick box in the "other" corner to where you flag a question for review)

Tom
            TBH I didnt check - I mentioned it to the guy and though he would report it.

I will know better for next time

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Ahh water under the bridge now.

Onwards and upwards to the next exam.

Comment

Congrats! I had originally scheduled mine for Feb 27th only to get ill. I took it today and after 3 hrs of what I felt was a fairly difficult exam I also scored a 766. 4 sims 2 on creating dns zones / forwarders, 1 ipsec monitoring and 1 configuring a custom security template. RRAS kicked my butt, and those particular questions took a LONG time for me to read. I would break my test down like this:

20% DHCP / IP configuration
                10% IPsec and Security
                40% DNS
                10% RRAS
                5% subnetting
                5% routing
                5% SUS
                5% Performance monitoring

GL to the rest of you!!

70-293 is next for me

Comment

With regards to the delegation wizard not working, Ive found that when these things dont work, its not normally a problem with the exam, its just MS wanting you to do it a different way.

In this case they may have wanted you to manually create a delegation in the ACL, rather than use the wizard

Comment

Ahhhh,

Sneaky gits

Cheers for the info - will know better for next time

Michael
                    Michael Armstrong
                    www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X