what is the best way to study for the mcse 2003 exams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best way to study for the mcse 2003 exams

I am overwhelmed by the sheer mass of posibilities for studying materials that are available for mcse 2003. From cbt's to books to instructer lead classes...

I would be happy to here what the best way to study for the exams are.

Also, is it possible to simulate a network enviroment at home using a virtual machine on 1 computer and installing a few clients and servers?

Thanks in advance

Re: what is the best way to study for the mcse 2003 exams

I learned via my job, reading books and buliding a network at home (much to my wifes dis-pleasure).

Break it, fix it then start again. Read and ask questions but for me experiance was the key to it all.

Comment

Re: what is the best way to study for the mcse 2003 exams

Ditto.

Get as much real practice as possible, including making (and breaking) your own network. Use the Microsoft Press or similar books to guide you but extend what they are asking.

Make copious, organised notes to help you.

Near the exam, do practice tests to get the technique right but dont try to memorise canned answers.

At the exam, read the question twice, make notes if you need to. Eliminate obvious wrong answers and double check any that are too obvious!

And dont worry if you dont pass everything the first time!

Good Luck!

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X